A Sr. Brand Strategist knows their clients well and generates plans to guide businesses with a clear and concise, insight-driven direction that gives the brand/product the best chance of success in the market.
Working as part of the guiding force for the agency, the senior strategist plays a pivotal role in the strategy and intelligence department and leads teams and clients by developing and presenting strategic marketing recommendations.
The Sr. Brand Strategist is responsible for gathering key data that ensure strategies are well informed, actionable, measurable, and attainable.
They know the client’s business and brand goals well and generate plans to ensure a successful engagement with the agency. Our clients hire the agency as experts to guide and drive their business by hitting those business goals. This is a critical metric for this position - understanding the business goals, developing an actionable strategy, and getting the desired results for the client.
Solid communication and transfer of information to clients and internal teams carry a significant value to the agency. Writing clear and insightful presentations and briefs is an integral part of the job, involving inspiring and informing creative teams. The Sr. strategist must have a passion for understanding the consumer and will encourage colleagues to feel the same. Solving problems with an analytical mind will ensure strategies are productive and generate client satisfaction. The Sr. strategist must thrive working on their own and within a team setting as well as educate other team members into skillful professionals in order to achieve client and agency goals.
Key Goals for Brand Strategist:
- Gather data and insights to develop well-informed and effective strategic plans for clients and the agency
- Research and develop key insights on clients to understand their business objectives, formulate plans to reach customers and provide metrics for success. The Sr. Strategist plays a key role in showing our impact on our client’s business.
- Lead and direct brand workshops, strategic thinking exercises, brand consulting meetings, client/agency meetings, and pitch presentations
- Educate team members across the organization to better understand the individual strategy and goals for each client so all teams can effectively create and engage with the customer’s goals in mind. Be a brand ambassador for the client within the agency.
- Collaborate with members of all other teams to generate results based on strategy
- Write clear briefs that inspire team members to create exceptional work
- Analyze clients, their audience and the impact of our approach to uncover opportunities that stimulate growth for the client and agency. This is an ongoing and cyclical process.
- Assist in tracking and gauging the success of a client’s interaction with the agency based on our strategy, creative/content development and digital engagement tactics.
- Guide in the writing and production of content/brand stories that provide a clear understanding of the difference the strategy and work produced for the client, how did we succeed for the client. To be used to show value to existing client and future clients.
Senior Brand Strategist skills required:
A senior strategist needs a wide range of capabilities, which will include:
- A proven track record in the development of strategic plans to benefit the client
- The ability to understand the needs of consumers and target audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to help others succeed and reach their peak
- The insight to identify problems and take measures to rectify them
- The resilience to work across a number of projects and balance a workload
- An enthusiasm for traditional, digital and emerging marketing approaches
- The ability to develop thought leadership content for clients and agency
Working remote and in an office-based environment, senior strategists need to be naturally organized and analytical, with a practical approach to the work and a willingness to pass their knowledge to their colleagues across the entire company. Willingness to travel to meet clients for meetings, presentations, and business pitches.
Compensation: $75,000.00 Annual base salary; Paid semi-monthly (every 15th and last day of the month)
This is a Full-Time Exempt employee agreement. Schedule will be somewhat flexible depending on client needs. There must be at least two-week prior request for employee PTO time off.
99% paid health insurance (for the employee only, dependents can be added and paid by the employee deductions), *Dental and Vision are available at the employee’s expense, a company sponsored life/AD&D insurance policy, Paid Time Off, Company Holidays, 401k with Employer Matching and a Flexible Spending Account.
Learn More About MAGNETIC