Position Opened on June 9, 2016
Seeking: Copywriter to be a part of the growing MAGNETIC CREATIVE branding agency. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience in writing copy for campaigns, digital content, video scripts and brand DNA decks for notable brands. Also understands brand strategy and knows how to connect to an audience through the written word. Must be extremely flexible and solution-oriented in a dynamic and fast-paced industry. We are looking for a talented and collaborative individual who can bring their experience and positive energy to a vibrant creative team.
Position: Branding Copywriter - Full-Time
The Copywriter works closely with the Creative Director, Director of Strategy and/or Senior Copywriter and executive members of the Studio or project team at all levels to generate and execute concepts for print, digital and video content. This includes web sites, videos, advertising campaigns, e-mail marketing, viral and other online marketing initiatives. The copywriter is expected to actively contribute to the development of original solutions and create polished, final deliverables whether working solo or under the guidance of a more senior creative. A solid familiarity with trends in marketing, advertising and the interactive digital space is required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives
- Working with senior creative or project leads to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Interacting with strategy and account teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Working from Creative Briefs and under the direction of senior creatives, working to translate concepts into effective copy concepts or text
- Demonstrating the Studio’s high quality standards across all deliverables
- A degree or diploma in English, journalism, communications or a related field experience
- 2 + years in an advertising or marketing agency (traditional or interactive) preferred
- A keen enthusiasm for and basic understanding of content trends, online content and storytelling.
- A solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle different writing demands
- Understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements
MAGNETIC navigates brands across a variety of industries on their journey to find true north for themselves. Picture a casual environment with a diverse group of top-notch talent working collaboratively and passionately to create positive business and community level impact for a diverse client set. If this sounds like your kind of job, then we'd like to hear from you.